I'm an award-winning photographer with over 10 years experience. My images have been featured in major newspapers and magazines worldwide. I have been working on my personal photography projects, focused on documenting social issues, alongside my commercial career. Between 2014 and 2018 I was covering the war in Eastern Ukraine.
Besides working as a freelance photographer in London, I am also an integral member of the creative team at London Business School.
I got my first taste of being a photographer when I was 5 years old. I took my dad's old soviet camera, Zenith, from the shelf and photographed my mum chatting with one of my cousins. Without any knowledge of photography, I just copied my dad. Thanks to a bit of luck rather than my outstanding photography skills, the picture I took was good enough to be presented in our family album for many years. When I was in high school, I started following some of the best photojournalists of our generation like James Nachtwey, Josef Koudelka, and Thomas Dworzak. I like thinking that it was their photos that inspired me to become a professional photographer.
In the past few years I have had the priviledge of photographing people from different ethnic, social, and educational backgrounds. From top managers working in the City to local communities in Eastern Europe and refugees from the wars in Ukraine or the Middle East.
I hold a MA in media and social communication (University of Warsaw) and MA in photojournalism and documentary photography (University of Arts London). My academic interests are focused on media, visual marketing, and communication.
Awards and distinctions
- 2019 - Magnum Photos/ British Journal of Photography - Portrait of Humanity
- 2018 - Grand Press Photo - 2nd prize in Category "Arts and Culture"
- 2018 - Joop Swart Masterclass/ nominee
- 2017 - Runner-up College Photographer of the Year
- 2017 - Leica Street Phtoto/ Winner
- 2017 - Lens Culture Photography Awards/ Student Spotlight
- 2017 - "Młoda Polska" grant from the Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage
- 2016 - Grand Press Foto nomination in category portrait
- 2016 - BZ WBK Press Foto 1st prize in the category "People"
- 2015 - BZ WBK Press Foto – 2nd prize in the category “Arts and Culture”
- 2015 - MAGNUM PHOTOS “30under30”- shortlisted
- 2014 - Sony World Photography Awards/ National Award
- 2014 - Grand Press Photo- 2nd prize in the category People
- 2014 - an entry in “DEBUTS” - an album including 36 most talented polish photographers of the young generation